Project: Hassocks Station Rebuild
Client: West Sussex County Council
Value: £2 Million
Role: One Stop Shop Construction Consultancy Services“
The Trevor Patrick Partnership (TTPP) was commissioned by West Sussex County Council to provide a One Stop Shop construction consultancy service for the provision of a £2m project of a new railway station at Hassocks with associated facilities, to replace the existing ageing building.
The study was commissioned as a response to the ongoing campaign by the Hassocks Amenity Association to secure a modern facility and the continued commitment by West Sussex County Council: to develop….rail services, facilities and infrastructure throughout the county as part of its Local Transport Plan and general economic and development policies.
The following consultant remit was developed between WSCC & TTPP:
- Receive, validate and agree brief and site information. .
- Undertake site surveys and initial appraisal including digital photographs and accurate measure.
- Station Building – Formulate a conceptual layout for a new station building at Hassocks.
- DDA survey & report for the existing station together with recommendations and costs.
- Feasibility of providing disabled access between platforms.
- Formulate a conceptual layout for the station as a whole.
- Provide indicative pre-contract and construction programmes.
- Budget costs/estimates.
- Advise of all statutory and rail consents/approvals etc.
- Advise of additional specialist reports and surveys consultant remit .
- Advise of possible funding opportunities.
- Present all findings and attend consultation meetings.